⚠️ BOXING ONTARIO LICENCE IS MANDATORY FOR ALL CONTACT TRAINING
⚠️ Read Before Proceeding — Important Note: Boxing Ontario Licensing is mandatory for all boxing activities, however if you are not engaging in contact (sparring or competition), you only require the Recreational Licence ($25.00) Buy Now
STEP 1: REGISTER FOR ANNUAL BOXING ONTARIO MEDICAL
Print the Boxing Ontario Medical form and bring to a licensed physician. If you need us to recommend a doctor please speak to a coach on your next visit.
Once medical has been completed by physician provide original copy to Kingsway Boxing before moving onto Step 2.
- Medicals dated 3 months or over will not be accepted.
- Medicals are still valid for 1 calendar year (from the date of the medical) but must be 3 months or less at the time your annual registration is submitted.
- For example, a medical completed June 1st 2022 would not be accepted in October, as it’s over 3 months.
STEP 2: REGISTER FOR ANNUAL BOXING ONTARIO LICENSING
[MEDICAL NOT REQUIRED] Recreational Licence – All Ages Buy Now
Complete the Recreational Licence Form if you wish to partake in boxing for fitness only. Submit digitally signed form before your first visit.
Adult Competitive Licence – 19+ Buy Now
Complete the Adult Licence form if you are between the ages of 19 and 39 (within the year). Submit digitally signed form in combination with completed Medical Form (above) on your next visit to sparring class.
Youth/Junior Licence – Ages 11 – 18 Buy Now
Complete the Youth/Junior Licence form if you are between the ages of 11 and 18 (within the year). Submit digitally signed form in combination with completed Medical Form (above) on your next visit to sparring class. Include scanned printout of your birth certificate or heath card for proof of age.
Initiation Boxer – Ages 10 and under Buy Now
Complete the Initiation Boxer Form for children ages 10 years old and younger. Submit signed form in combination with completed Medical Form (above) on your next visit to sparring class. Include scanned printout of your birth certificate or heath card for proof of age.
For all forms and fee structure information pertaining to Boxing Ontario and Boxing Canada, please see More Info
STEP 3: WHAT PROGRAMS CAN YOU ATTEND ONCE YOU OBTAIN THE COMPETITIVE LICENSING?
IMPORTANT NOTE: To access any of the below programming, you can secure drop-in packages (view packages here). We are also offering a competitive team monthly membership that gives you access to classes and open gym hours.
[JUTLAND] ELITE TECHNICAL BOXING CLASSES are geared toward athletes looking to take boxing to the next level. These sessions are conducted at our boxing gym facility located at 22-B Jutland Rd. Toronto ON.
TO ATTEND THIS CLASS PARTICIPANTS MUST HOLD COMPETITIVE LICENCE WITH BOXING ONTARIO.
These classes are run by Boxing Ontario, Nationally Certified Coaches. While this class will be accessible by drop-in, we recommend consistently attending this program. Participants are expected to have a basic understanding of the technical movement and mechanics of boxing before attending these classes. Coaches will conduct various technical and partnered boxing drills with the intention of sharpening sparring and competition skills!
This includes technical and developmental program includes sparring, however all open sparring is conducted during Fight Team Training.
[JUTLAND] FIGHT TEAM TRAINING — MEMBER ACCESS ONLY: This class is designed for the KBC Competitive team to prepare for upcoming competitions in Canada and Internationally.
Heavy emphasis is placed on technical drills, pad work, conditioning and sparring to not only survive, but to dominate our opponents in the ring. There is also a diet plan and a strict training, cardio, conditioning and weight cutting regimen in place for all of our fighters.
BOXING ONTARIO LICENCE REQUIRED: Participants must hold valid Boxing Ontario licence and enter into a social circle agreement in order to engage in close contact drills and sparring. Please read KBC COVID Protocols: https://bit.ly/KBC_Protocols
You must be a seasoned participant in the sparring classes, and possess a very strong desire to compete. Let the coaching team know that you’re interested in competing, and we will observe and decide if you’re ready to fight based on your dedication to training and sparring. Understand that fighters preparing for upcoming competitions MUST train and do 5 to 10 km morning runs six days a week for at least a month leading up to their next fight.
Plan On Attending Sparring Classes? Here’s The Equipment ALL PARTICIPANTS Need: sparring gloves (14-16oz), wraps, mouth guard, head gear, groin protector (men)
[JUTLAND] OPEN GYM is available to active clients and fight team members. Please note that you must come prepared to train independently, therefore to attend Open Gym, you should be intermediate to advanced level with your understanding of boxing. You should also Log Your Training for effective results.
[ARCHIVE] KEEP UP WITH CORRESPONDENCE SENT OUT TO REGISTRANTS
Sept. 10 2021 | Medical Update
See action items below and complete PRIOR TO ARRIVAL. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
- Medical Date: Sept. 12 2021
- Time: Arrival Times Vary (see attachment sent by email to participants)
- Address: 22-B Jutland Rd. Toronto ON.
- [Attached] Please verify your time slot — Arrive 5 mins early but NOT LATE
- [Attached] Print & Fill Out Boxing Medical — BEFORE ARRIVAL complete top portion including height and weight (sign and date the bottom)
- Complete COVID Screening Tool — Please complete before appointment and present on arrival
Parking and Logistics:
- We will be using our parking lot for the outdoor physical distancing. Please use surrounding lots (front of building including Metal Supermarket), along the fence or far west side of entrance — If you park along the fence, please ensure you’re very close to the fence as trucks need to pass.
- On arrival, please line up socially distanced in Kingsway Boxing parking lot and you will be checked in by one of our team.
Fight Team Doctor, Dr. Venturi, will be onsite at the Kingsway Boxing Club for a special boxer medical session. To allow for physical distancing, you will be contacted with an arrival timeframe, please ensure you arrive on time but not more than 5 mins early.
Medical Date: Sunday Sept. 12, 2021
- Arrival 9:00 – 11:00 am
- Medical Cost: $25.00 (Must Register Prior to Sept. 11)
- BEFORE ARRIVAL: Print and Complete Medical Form — Print the Boxing Ontario Medical form and bring with you (top section and signature)