The Fight To End Cancer (FTEC) hosts an annual black tie charity gala that was founded in 2011. Our prestigious event raises funds for cancer research with proceeds going directly to support the Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation’s Urgent Cancer Priorities Fund.
Our gala event is just one part of an ongoing fundraising effort by Fight To End Cancer, which will continue throughout the year and whose success will in large part, rely on community teamwork and continued media exposure. With these efforts, we are confident we will reach our goal of raising over $1,000,000 annually by 2017 to support this cause.
In order to maintain and build upon our to-date success and growth, FTEC has an immediate opportunity on our planning committee for the following position:
POSITION | MARKETING SPECIALIST
Position Type: Part-time Volunteer position
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Develops and executes a three-year marketing strategy for FTEC, with a focus on promotion and business development including enhancing brand awareness and donor conversions
- Collaborates with the Public Relations Director to develop all marketing materials
- Collaborates with the Executive Director to target and secure new sponsors, to recruit key partner organizations and to engage existing sponsor relationships (Compensation may be available for new sponsorship sales)
- Collaborates with the Social Media team to develop content to be shared within FTEC’s networks and ensure that the social media and marketing schedules are aligned
- Leads a full branding exercise for FTEC & measurement of brand awareness
Qualifications (include but are not limited to):
- Degree or diploma in Marketing, Communications or relevant discipline required
- Minimum 3-5 years of progressive experience, preferably in the not-for-profit sector, with a demonstrated track record of marketing successes
- Demonstrated experience in developing marketing strategies with not-for-profit organizations, preferably in collaboration with for-profit firms
- Excellent written, verbal, listening and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational, planning and time/project management skills
- Strong computer skills with high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
Please send your resume to: email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in joining Fight To End Cancer’s Planning Committee. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Fight To End Cancer is an equal opportunity organization.