After nearly 2 years out of the ring, Team KBC will be representing at Ontario’s first competition in the Province. Tune in to support our very own Nolan Killeen as he helps the bell ring again on Saturday October 16 at 2:00 pm!
Promo Code for 100% discount: BOXINGONTARIO
Boxing Ontario is thrilled to announce that we will be hosting a sanctioned competition on Saturday, October 16, 2021 at the Toronto Don Valley Hotel. The Return to Competition Test Event will be the first amateur combat sport event in Ontario since COVID, and the first competition for Boxing Ontario in over 20 months.
The event will feature some of Ontario’s top and emerging amateur talent, with 16 bouts scheduled to start at 2pm.
The Return to Competition event will move forward with strict public health and safety measures, including proof of full vaccination for all athletes, coaches, officials, and staff as well as COVID rapid testing for all participants on event day. No spectators will be permitted; however, the event will be live-streamed. Return to Competition Media Advisory
Return to Competition – Test Event
Details & Timing:
Date: Saturday, October 16th, 2021
Location: Don Valley Hotel, Toronto
No spectators will be permitted but the event will be live-streamed!
Boxers: Youth and Elite, Novice and Open
- Check in: 9 am
- COVID Testing: 9:30 am (all tournament participants)
- Weigh ins and Medicals: 10am-12pm
- Session Start Time: 2pm
A Message from the KO COVID Task Force:
To provide an update and information on the October 16, 2021 “Test Event” which is being hosted by Boxing Ontario.
There have been questions raised about why and how choices have been made regarding the October 16, 2021 “Test Event”. Firstly, this being the FIRST COVID-19 amateur combat sport event in Ontario, will bring great publicity and scrutiny to our sport. Our medical experts, Officials Commission, and KO COVID Task Force were all engaged and provided recommendations to the Board of Directors to move forward with this event.
As a “test event,” this competition will have the strictest public health measures to determine the best practices to go forward with. The following is what is required for the event and reasoning as to why:
- Who requires a double vaccine to attend this event?
- All persons entering the venue will require a full vaccine regiment (2 doses);
- This is because our medical experts deem it to be the highest level of protection afforded to all.
- This is also because we are entering a venue which falls potentially under many controlled levels of the Reopening Ontario Regulations.
- Will Boxing Ontario accept any accommodations to the vaccine requirements?
- At this time taking the expert advice no accommodations will be made.
- Will rapid testing also occur?
- Yes a rapid COVID-19 test will be conducted the day of the event prior to any person entering the venue.
(past correspondence for reference only)
Thursday October 14, 2021 3:00 pm
Thank you once again for your incredible dedication to our sport and for your commitment to a safe return to competition. Please see below important materials for review and reference.
***ATHLETES: Please print and complete your medicals prior to arrival. Ensure your coach has signed the form. ***
Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or concerns. See you Saturday!
[DOWNLOAD] Coaching Package – Boxing Ontario Test Event 2021: https://boxingontario.sharepoint.com/:f:/s/OfficialsCommission/EpnzmLzWmgFPgF2OG03rE20B5h-AjnaVBgTMeoRKqGJihA?e=Ej6aGA
[UPDATES] Tournament Website: https://boxingontario.com/event/return-to-competition/
Thursday October 14, 2021 9:20 am
Thank you so much to those who were able to join live. Please watch full record if you missed the meeting as important information was covered. Please note that we will be in touch with the Coaching and Officials Manuals with all information by this evening. Please don’t hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
Thank you again for your incredible support as we take this very important next step. Sincerely Jennifer Huggins
Boxing Ontario | President
Wednesday October 13, 2021 12:50 pm
Dear Test Event Coaches, Staff and Officials,
Thank you so much for your patience as we pull together our first event in nearly 2 years. There have been many moving parts and we want to take this opportunity to connect with everyone and ensure confidence moving into this very important event. Tonight at 8:30 pm we will be holding a MANDATORY meeting for all participants scheduled to attend the Boxing Ontario’s Test Event on Oct. 16 (athletes, coaches, officials, organizers). Final logistics will be discussed along with any questions will be addressed during this session.
Please stay updated with bout changes and event information through our tournament event page: https://boxingontario.com/event/return-to-competition/
Thank you again for your support and for being involved with such an important step in the return to competition in our Province.
- [TEST EVENT] Final Information Meeting Agenda: (subject to additions)
- General Overview 5 mins: Jennifer Huggins
- COVID Protocols 10 mins: Fred Ten Eyck
- Words From Medical Director 5 min: Adam Zoudis/Payam Sadro
- [Breakout Room] Officials Commission and Protocols Discussion
- Q&A Coaches 15 min (KO COVID Taskforce and Staff)
Tuesday October 12, 2021 1:43 pm
Please find the proposed bout list for this Saturdays event.
Due to restrictions each club may only bring 2 coaches.
Please register the coaches attending here: (Deadline is end of day today – 11:59p.m.)
Once we have their information, all coaches will be invited to a pre competition meeting taking place tomorrow evening at 8:30 pm.
Yours in Olympic Style Boxing,
Friday October 8, 2021 | Boxing Ontario
Boxing Ontario is thrilled to announce that we will be hosting a competition on October 16. Athletes and coaches, get ready!
We are currently seeking Male and Female Youth and Elite Boxers!
- Participants must be registered with Boxing Ontario.
- Boxer medicals must be up-to-date.
- Proof of double vaccination required! Please scroll down for full vaccine details. (View Boxing Ontario’s COVID Response Page here. If you have any questions or require specific support, please email the KO COVID Task Force at firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Athletes selected to participate will be based on matchmaking ability.
- Selected athletes will be notified on Tuesday, October 12, 2021.