KINGSWAY BOXING LOCATION CHECKLIST
Before Arrival or When You ARRIVE at Kingsway Boxing Club Location …
✅ Thoroughly Review KBC COVID Protocols: View Full Protocol Listing
The climate is everchanging with ongoing updates to COVID Protocols sanctioned by the Ontario Government and Ministry of Sport. It is mandatory for those entering any KBC Location to keep an ongoing education of our safety protocols and policies.
✅ Location, equipment and floor check
Please check that all equipment is in its proper place and off the workout area where it may cause a tripping hazard.
✅ Mindbody Scheduling (KBC Training Team)
All KBC Trainers and Coaches will have a personal Mindbody Staff Account. You will be able to book and retrieve confidential client information through your account. It’s important that you keep your schedule updated. Please ensure you check your clients out for all private sessions – this is how the system knows to pay out for your service. It’s also important to “Early Cancel” or ‘Late Cancel’ your clients when they do not show up for their class or appt.
–> Early Cancel: Apply this selection if the client has given more than 24 hours notice or you do not wish to charge for a missed private lesson.
–> Late Cancel: Apply this selection to all enrolments and classes when registered clients do not show up for their reservation. Also, apply this option if you decide to charge a client for a missed private lesson. Note that you must check out the session before applying the late cancel option.
✅ Client Waiver Access (KBC Training Team) – WAIVER LINK
Both locations are by appointment only. It’s important that you have the waiver completed by ALL new clients before they attend any sessions. It can be very disruptive to your class/private client if someone walks in while you are mid-session. At the High Performance location, it is recommended that you keep the doors locked during your session especially if you are working on the lower level. Always introduce yourselves to anyone who enters through the doors… It can be intimidating to even work up the courage to walk into a boxing gym. Be sure to keep business cards readily available to pass to people who come in.
Suggested explanation: “Hi there! My name is _________. Due to protocols, we are by appointment only. Here’s my card, send us an email with some days and times and we’ll bring you in for a free private lesson.”
When you are LEAVING any KBC location …
✅ Close all windows and lock doors
Please check that all windows and doors are properly closed and locked. Trainer/Renter/Company will be held liable in the case that failure to properly secure entrances, exits and windows which result in theft or property damage. DO NOT share your personal entry codes with any other trainer or clients. If you are concerned your code has been compromised, please contact us immediately to have it terminated and assigned a new one.
✅ Turn Off All Heating and Air Conditioning Units
Please be sure to turn off all heating an air conditioning unless otherwise instructed by Kingsway Boxing Staff. Failure to properly close the location or leaving heat/air on, may result in a surcharge to be determined based on power consumption or damages.
✅Remove all garbage from location (applies to location rentals only)
Trainers must check that garbages are not more than 75% full before leaving for the day. If compacting the garbage does not work, please remove full bags and replace with fresh ones. Renters must remove and dispose of all garage from premises (do not dump outside or in surrounding dumpsters) – Failure to remove garbage may result in $200 disposal surcharge
✅ Clean location and facilities used
Trainer/Renter/Company must leave the location in the same condition it was rented. This includes replacing equipment to its correct location. (Cleaning is mandatory for renters, unless cleaning fee was worked into rental agreement)
✅ Replace all equipment to correct location
If your rental includes the use of equipment or needs to move any items/furniture, renter must replace to the correct location.
– Failure to leave facilities in clean, working order may result in $200-$400 cleaning surcharge
BEFORE SUBMITTING FORM:
Ensure you have read ALL policies listed in the dropdown lists below PRIOR to submitting the form provided. If you require modification to any of the items outlined, please ensure to submit as an addendum to the contract.
GENERAL POLICIES (All Locations)
- Trainer/Renter/Company Representatives Must:
- Hold liability insurance (minimum $2 million)
- Submit training certifications prior to working within any location (Trainers Only)
- Hold First Aid and CPR Certifications
- Reserve rental hours before accessing the facility
- Do not have access to any of the facilities outside of their pre-paid scheduled hours. Arrangements must be made to access the locations on off times.
- Must not share access or security codes with anyone – if you believe your code may be compromised please contact us immediately to deactivate your code.
- Must sign in before their session(s) – general sign-in sheet at every location (Trainers Only)
- Trainer/Renter/Company Representatives may access the facility 15 minutes before and 15 minutes following a session; please be mindful of the next program or trainer setting up for the next session in the location
- Clients of Trainer/Renter/Company Representatives
- May NOT bring visitors, guests or substitute trainers without prior permission.
- Must ensure all clients are in our Mindbody Database prior to the visit
- Must manually sign in any non-registered member entering a location.
- Once the training session terminates Trainer/Renters/Company must return the facility to original state:
- Replace all equipment to its original state
- Ensure location is left in the same or better condition as provided
- Turn off all appliances and lights
- Close all windows
- Properly lock up and initiate security alarm if applicable
- No pictures may be used in the promotion of a business or otherwise unless otherwise stated in location agreement.
- Trainer/Renter/Company Representatives agree not to open a boxing or similar facility within 5 km of any Kingsway Boxing Club Location.
- No smoking on any KBC premises
View Terms & Conditions Applicable To All Kingsway Boxing Club Purchases
PRODUCTION RENTAL POLICIES
- MUST ADHERE TO ALL POLICIES OUTLINED:
- Location Checklists
- GENERAL POLICIES (All Locations)
- LOCATION SPECIFIC (THE BOXING GYM FACILITY 22-B Jutland Rd. Toronto ON. and/or THE HIGH PERFORMANCE STUDIOS 3046 Bloor St. W. Toronto ON.)
- BOOKING CANCELLATION:
- In the case that the production must cancel or change the original shoot dates, the deposit will not be returned
- ‘Rain-Dates’ should be arranged within the original contract to ensure availability.
- PRE-PRODUCTION ACCESS:
- Once shoot dates have been secured, site visits must be prescheduled and all COVID Protocols must be adhered to.
- In the case that pre-production site visits will be in excess of 3 (three) visits, a separate pre-production contract must be set up.
- Access to the location will be arranged by the location manager.
- The location manager will be responsible for all pre-screening and enforcement of COVID Protocols: https://bit.ly/KBC_Protocols
- 12-24 hours prior to the shoot, the location manager will conduct a visual walkthrough of the rental space with Kingsway Boxing representative to ensure the condition.
- PRODUCTION ACCESS: Unless otherwise stated in the contract, the rental includes ONLY use of main floor gym space, Ring and washrooms. NO ACCESS behind reception desk, under ring, equipment and upper mezzanine.
- BUSINESS DISTURBANCE: Production rental is solely for the use of the Kingsway Boxing Club property and allotted parking area.
- In the case that the production requires surrounding businesses to cease operations, a separate contract must be in place.
- All parking must be contained within the confines of the spaces allotted. In the case that additional space is needed, it will be required to obtain street permits or rental from surrounding businesses.
- INSURANCE: The production must hold the following insurance:
- Commercial General Liability (Suggested $5,000,000.00
- Umbrella Liability (Suggested 10,000,000.00)
- Automobile Liability (Suggested 5,000,000.00)
- PAYMENT STRUCTURE:
- Upon finalizing the rental contract between parties, 50% of total payment must be made by cheque immediately
- The remaining payment of 50% must be supplied 1 (one) week prior to scheduled shoot date(s)
- If it is not yours, DON’T TOUCH IT (especially weapons). Do not allow clients, children or parents use any equipment, unless the equipment is your property, or unless previously discussed with management.
- Must have clients wear their own equipment, gloves and wraps, for sanitary purposes (boxing gloves provided for new clients)
- Not to allow clients hit pads or bags without gloves.
- Jewelry must be removed or covered for your own safety and the safety of your clients
- No food or drinks in designated workout areas, including gum (please keep water away from training areas). If you are eating, make sure to do so in the allotted area
- Trainer/Renters/Company Representatives are expected to RESPECT their environment this includes:
- Members and Staff of Kingsway Boxing
- Facilities and Equipment
- Surrounding Businesses
THE BOXING GYM FACILITY 22-B Jutland Rd. Toronto ON.
- Representatives and Clients of Trainer/Renters/Company may not enter ring for purpose of contact without permission and supervision of certified coach – However Trainer/Renters/Company is permitted to take still photography within ring.
- All persons related to or employed under Trainer/Renters/Company, and entering K.B.C. premises must hold their own full coverage insurance that:
- assumes all responsibility/liability for personal injury
- liability insurance of minimum 2 million dollars while conducting any form of training.
- Trainer/Renters/Company is renting room on an hourly bases:
- Rental fees will be charged in the event that rental of studio space and/or time is less than booked. In the event that rental time/space exceeds what is stated in this contract fees will be adjusted accordingly.
- Trainer/Renters/Company agrees to pay any/all damages that may occur during the time of rental at “The Boxing Gym”.
THE HIGH PERFORMANCE STUDIOS 3046 Bloor St. W. Toronto ON.
- Parking must be found in paid lots, no parking in rear of facility for Trainer/Renters/Company Representatives and clients.
- Trainer/Renters/Company Representatives must sign in before rental/session into the “ATTENDANCE BOOK”
- Trainer/Renters/Company Representatives is provided with a unique and individual code NOT to be shared with other trainers or clients.
- This code tracks the hours spent in the location and must be re-entered when leaving. If code is not re-entered you may be charged for the remainder of the day
- If damages or theft occurs in location while your code is active liability will fall on the renter. (this is why it is very important that you do not share your code with anyone)
- If you lose your code or feel that you code has been compromised please notify management immediately so that your code may be de-activated.
- In the case that the location key is provided to trainer, the key must be returned if there are no sessions remaining in the purchase package. This must be done within 48 hours of last rental.
- Access granted only to front location entrance
- No outdoor shoes in studio – All outdoor footwear must be removed before entering studio
- All windows must be closed before exiting the location
- The location and the main door must be locked if location is being left unattended between or during classes.
- Trainer/Renters/Company agrees to pay any/all damages that may occur during time of rental at “The Fitness Studio”.